Thursday, June 28, 2012

Introducing the ladies of 2Republic

The talented ladies of 2Republic which consist of Erica & Marie do an amazing job at planning your dream wedding, birthday parties, galas etc. Event planning is of course what they are passionate about, find out how it all started & what interests Erica & Marie have! 







Erica Jabouin


Occupation: Event Planner-Part Owner of 2Republic Events


What led you to event planning:
"As a teenager I had three options, three dreams, to become a Lawyer, a Journalist, and a Wedding planner. While studying Political Science at Concordia University, I found myself immensly involve in the student life. Where I planned events of all kinds and also got politically involve in regards to fighting for student rights.  I discovered my love for event planning at that point. Weddings, I was always infatuated and in deep love with the concept of weddings and all the elements involved in making this a special day for the couple.Table setting, flowers, the bridesmaid dresses, the shoes, food, the music..etc everything is in the details. From the age of eleven I absolutely just adored going to weddings".

What's your passion in life:
"Social Justice is at the core of my being. Kids are the future and I believe in making sure they are giving the right tool to succeed. I also believe in making sure that all women believe in themselves and understand how phenomenal we are. Politics is definitely something I enjoy to discuss and I believe that knowledge is definitely power. Fashion is also something that I not only enjoy but I breathe. Hence why we definitely believe that's what inspires our event planning. I adore Coco Channel. I am girlie girl and yet a tomboy in the way I see fashion and the pieces I love. I love colors but I am definitely a lover of black.I love many things I have many loves and many wants. I always say that Politics and social justice is something I breathe, its in my veins but event planning is my hustle and I am in love with it!".






Marie Beliard 


Occupation: Event planner-Managing Director and Co-owner of 2Republic Events

How did you get into event planning: 
"Ever since I can remember, I always knew that my objective in life was to help people and to give back to my community. After being involved in the student life I realized that coordinating event was going to be my vessel of how I got to help others. Coordinating events and knowing that I had the ability to help people organize their events and aliviate any sort of stress that this may present let me know that I was in the right path and that event planning was the career for me".


What's your passion in life: 
"I love life itself and all the mysteries that come with it. I love nature, music, people. I am passionate about art let's just say that I enjoy the joie de vivre itself! I am a very old soul, so I like vintage things and jazz and a good old wine! I find beauty in the smallest things, I even enjoy a good deep breath of air". (weird ain't it?)






The ladies of 2Republic...




Pictures courtesy of Amanda Cameau Photography
Concept 2Republic Events
Venue: Espace Des Arts 
Cake: Patisserie Italia 

No comments:

Post a Comment